Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Crockpot Saturday: Ranch Beef


So a few months ago I read on a blog that a gal and all of her sister-in-laws had a weekly tradition of making the same crockpot meal on a specific night and then they all kind of talk about it and review it.

I thought it was such a neat idea and since I'm a big, fat copy-cat, I decided to text my sister-in-law to see if it might be a fun thing for us to do together.

She said she was in, so we texted our other sister-in-laws and a close family friend, who were all game for trying this recipe club of sorts for crockpot meals a couple times a month.
At first, we picked Saturday as the day we would all do it...but that soon became kind of crazy to work around the schedules of 6 women. So now whenever a recipe is picked, we all just make it within the next two weeks, whenever each of us can.

SO much smarter.

But the name Crockpot Saturday kind of stuck and no other suggestions for a new name have been made.

Crockpot Club?

Crockpot Palooza?

Crackpots for Crockpots?

If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Until then, laziness shall prevail.


ANYwho! The first dish that I suggested we make was a Chicken Teriyaki that turned out to be absolutely ATROCIOUS. 
I don't think I even served it to my family.

WAY TO GO, ME.


But the next dish (that I obviously did not pick) turned out awesome!



A big ol' pot roast with delicious ranch and onion flavor, shredded, and served with melted provolone on a toaster kaiser roll.
Easy, simple, and a major Man-pleaser.

I definitely recommend it.
And so did all the other gals, it was a hit!

~~~

Ranch Beef
Recipe from The Tasty Fork
Ingredients
  • Cooking Spray
  • 1 Onion, sliced
  • 3lb Chuck Pot Roast, Boneless & seasoned with Salt & Pepper
  • 1/3 cup Distilled White Vinegar
  • 1 Dry Ranch Packet (1.0 oz)
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 6 French Rolls, sandwich size (optional)
  • 6 slices of Mozzarella (optional)

Directions
  1. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. 
  2. Add sliced onions and place beef on top. 
  3. Mix vinegar, ranch packet, garlic and water. 
  4. Stir and pour over beef. 
  5. Cook on low for 8 hours.
  6. To make sandwiches - shred beef and place in toasted rolls. 
  7. Add cheese on top of beef. 
  8. Broil in the oven until cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment